EYFS 2018 - 2019
Our Reception Class teacher is Miss Harper and our teaching assistants are Mrs McMillan, Mrs Ferguson and Mrs Brayford. We are so proud of how well the children have settled into school life and we look forward to even more fun and learning during Spring Term.
Here are a few important reminders:
- Please ensure all of your child's uniform has their name in it. If anything goes missing, it is very difficult to find if it does not have a name in.
- Reception will have P.E on Friday afternoon in Spring Term. Please make sure your child has their P.E kit in school on this day and it is fully labelled.
- Home/school diaries and phonics homework books are sent home every Friday. These must be completed and returned to school by the following Tuesday. Please use the diary to share any news or pictures that your child would like to talk about in school.
- To support progress and enjoyment in reading, we encourage you to read regularly with your child at home. Please ensure that book bags are in school everyday, along with your child's reading record and books. Children will be given the opportunity to change their book within the school day when required. When your child reads at least 5 out of 7 nights a week they will get a sticker which will go towards their Bronze, Silver and Gold reading certificate awards.
- In EYFS we love learning outside, even if it's wet! Please bring to school a pair of wellies which are labelled with your child's name.
- We ask that you bring in spare clothes for your child and return any items borrowed from school so we can keep all children clean and dry.
Tapestry Online Learning Journal
Here at Bishop Martin we have subcribed to a fantastic online learning journal that gives you the opportunity to see what adventres your child has been up to during their day at school from a computer or mobile device. By logging on with a secure username and password you will be able to view all of your children's observations, photographs and even video clips from their time in Reception. You can also contribute by commenting on your child's learning and sharing your own observations and wow moments with us so we can build a better picture of your child.
Please ask a member of the team for more information - we are always happy to help.
Please feel free to come and speak to either of us at the end of the day with any queries.
We invite you to explore our class page to see Reception Class in action!