Y2 - Y6 Educational Residentials for this academic year
As part of our plan for this academic year, we have now arranged educational residentials linked to our INSPIRE curriculum for the children in each class from Years 2 - 6. We feel that these experiences are a vital part of children’s learning, both educationally and socially and for each residential will be maximising the range of experiences that the children encounter. We have costed these out approximately as some costs do change nearer the time. The plan is for:
Years 5 & 6 to go to Stratford-Upon-Avon on Wednesday 20th – Friday 23rd March 2024.
· English, Geography, Science, DT and History curriculum focus
· Seeing ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ at the Royal Shakespeare Company theatre
· Participating in a Royal Shakespeare Drama Workshop
· Visiting the Butterfly Farm and Mechanical Art and Design (MAD) Museum
· Sightseeing historical sites and visiting Warwick Castle
Year 3 & 4 to go to York on Monday 15th – Wednesday 17th April 2024.
· History, Geography, Science and RE curriculum focus
· Visiting Murton Park for a historical workshop, York Museum and Jorvik Museum
· Visit York Minster and exploring the famous city walls
· Visiting Eureka – The National Children’s Museum for immersive science exhibits
Year 2 to go to Barnstondale, Wirral on Wednesday 6th – Friday 8th March 2024.
· Geography, Science and PE curriculum focus
· Learning about the natural environment, reading maps and looking at different habitats
· Adventure activities such as climbing, nightline, eco trial etc.
More information about each of these residentials will be sent via ParentMail. If you have any specific queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.